Father's Day is coming up this Sunday, and I'm nowhere near prepared! I have so much planned, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to do it all in time.
I have to help my stepdaughter make a card for my partner. And maybe make one for my own father.
I'm loving this Bigger On The Inside TARDIS card from Triple Threat Librarian. While we have some blue paper, it's not card, and nowhere near TARDIS blue... But maybe we should make one for Amby's Doctor-loving Daddy?
I need to spend most of Saturday cleaning, as we've got big plans for Sunday. We've got Kyle's mother and stepfather coming over for a Father's Day fry-up lunch. Then we've got my own dad and stepmother coming over for dinner. I still haven't decided what to cook, but I want it to be good, since this will be their first time coming over for dinner since I moved in with Kyle. At nearly 24, I probably shouldn't be so anxious to prove I'm a grown-up, but hey.
Then there's presents. With money being a bit tight, I've decided to make a chocolate-hazelnut babka for my half-Polish dad. The catch being that I've never made one before, and I have no idea how it'll turn out. But it's something I've wanted to try for quite a while, and I'm going to try and psych myself up for it.
Meanwhile, I woke up feeling incredibly blech, so I'm trying to take it easy today. I haven't even finished Bellamy Blue's new tunic. But I'll share this picture of her new dress:
Winter's almost over, but we're only now getting a decent amount of rain. So here is Bellamy, in her new purple dress, with her new shawl, waiting for the rain to stop.
Once again, her dress is inspired by the clothes provided on Beth's blog, but is otherwise patternless. Her shawl is a reduced sample of the Sweet Pea Shawl in Stitch 'n' Bitch Crochet: the Happy Hooker. It is held in place with a teeny-tiny handmade shawl pin. I plan to have a close-up picture of that next time.
So, that's it for now. I should consider getting up and doing something, I suppose.
Until next time!

No comments:
Post a Comment