So, my first proper post (now that I'm awake again) shall be to share with you my latest craft, Bellamy Blue.
Bellamy Blue is a Free Spirit Doll, made from a pattern by Beth over at By Hook, By Hand. I'd advise you to head over there if you haven't before, and check out her work and her patterns. She's a very talented woman, and her patterns are all very clear and easy to understand. My doll does not do her pattern justice, I'm terrible at the finishing aspect.
Even so, I'm very proud of Bellamy Blue. I gave her the alternate torso provided by Beth in the pattern, and added a bosom similar to the one provided in one of her Steampunk Spirit tutorials.
When I first began crocheting, Bellamy Blue had no name but a very clear intention as to who she would be. She would be an elegant lady with fancy hair and lovely dresses. She didn't listen to me. She wanted to be a bohemian artist and gardener, with layers in her hair reminiscent of Veronica in the early first series of Veronica Mars. She's happiest in jeans and her green tunic top, posing in the gardens. And I love her.
And I look forward to making her more clothes. Lots more.
Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment